un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Warm Fuzz

Firstly, I have to express my disgust with the management at Hoyts new cinemas in Sylvia Park. Turned up just before movie start on Tuesday only to find Hot Fuzz was sold out. "Fair enough", I thought, "it's cheap night, it's nearly start time and it's a popular movie". Turned up Wednesday night at least 15 minutes beforehand only to be told the same thing. Turns out they'd scheduled it in a 36 seat cinema, surely one of their smallest. While walking away I spoke to a small group who were also turned away because of this utter stupidity in scheduling a popular movie. Their next screening of it was 9:45 on a school night. And they don't take phone bookings.

After rearranging my plans for the second night in a row, I finally saw Hot Fuzz at 9pm in Wairau Park - only because I had a free ticket. There would have been less than twenty in the 100+ seat auditorium at Wairau Park.

Anyway, the film: Now I am questioning my own sense of humour. I found it amusing, but not a constant barrel of laughs. I thought Shaun of the Dead was much better. Other friends have found it hilarious. I kept waiting for it to get better, to get funnier. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't as good as I'd hoped. I know I have a pretty high standard when it comes to humour. So I will put it down to my present low mood.



Blue Oyster Cult Don't Fear The Reaper

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home