un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Moby Moby Moby

Ever since buying an early mix CD and then hearing "Everything Is Wrong" I've liked Moby. (Although not so into his more recent output.)

Just read this on the NZWW this am




Moby: I want gay kids

Moby has declared that if he has children, he wants them to be gay. “They are less likely to get into a fight and less likely to date-rape people,” the musician explains, adding, “I’m straight but I’ve grown up around gay people and gay clubs. They are superior to straight people. If you have a gay child you’re more inclined to be a prouder parent.” The dance maestro, who was involved in a lengthy feud with rapper Eminem, also says he is bemused by the ribbing he receives from other celebrities. "I don't know why I am so loathed. There was a point when it seemed everyone hated me. I don't know why. It boggled my mind why I seemed to be the most hated person in the world. All I did was talk about politics. Maybe if I acted more like a d*ck and misogynist, I would be a press darling." [7 November 2006]


AND

friend David Hazey in CA posted this to the blj forum the other day - three FASCINATING mp3 interviews with Moby, well worth a listen. (Thanks David!)

http://www.beliefnet.com/blogs/godspolitics/2006/10/moby-audio-interview-everything-is.html

http://www.beliefnet.com/blogs/godspolitics/2006/10/moby-audio-interview-everything-is_12.html

http://www.beliefnet.com/blogs/godspolitics/2006/10/moby-audio-interview-everything-is_26.html


listening to my workmates whinging

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting! Like most people ask to have a "healthy" child!
(jen)

November 08, 2006 11:47 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home