un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Too Much Movie Man

I guess from the last two posts you could say I see a lot of movies. On Friday night, I saw Walk The Line, about the early years of Johnny Cash and June Carter.

It appealed to the romantic in me, but I like its realism: it shows the flaws, that all was not perfect in their getting together, and in themselves as people. I love the way he proposed to her, saying he had hurt her so much, and promised not to do it again. I hope to have that kind of marriage one day. Not a perfect movie, but very interesting to a semi wannabe fan like me. There is a fantastic article in Rolling Stone a while back about Johnny Cash and his relationship with Rick Rubin. Very inspiring, spiritually. After a quick search I don't think it's online.

Record company exec: "Mr Cash, your fans are all good christian folks, they don't want to hear you entertaining murderers and rapists in prison."
John Cash: "Well they ain't christian then."

Very impressed that both Phoenix and Witherspoon sang all the vocals themselves, they did a good job.

listening to earlier tonight i had ABBA's "Gimme A Man After Midnight" on my brain. What's with that?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home