un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Friday, February 10, 2006

See this! Arctic-Antarctic

My great achievement today was train-ing into town and buying a diary. Great, now I'm organised and the year can start. Only 2 months late. Now I can stop being an unemployed bum and get a job and a life. (Nevermind that, comparatively, I'm being motivated, optimistic and creative writing music and wurdz).

Oh yeah, while I was there I read some of a bio of Black Sabbath. Man, I'm glad I don't (yet) have to tour exhaustively like those guys. My plan of conquest involves me jumping straight from my home studio to a well-received album and comfy hotels while my road crew set up the gigs for me, completely bypassing vans and lots of motorway/autobahn travel.

Also confirmed that Black Sabbath were never into the occult personally, they were mostly bemused by it when real dark arts people invited them to do weird stuff with them. Their manager did take advantage of the hype by releasing false stories involving sacrifices etc. Never trust a band's own media, hee hee.

Friend Charlotte writes



I've written a play called Arctic-Antarctic. It's about bipolar and
it's showing at BATS theatre in Wellington for the Fringe Festival,
February 20-23 at 9:30 pm. It's directed by David Lawrence who won Director
of the Year last year.

It is a really important play about mental illness and really not just
for people with bipolar but for people with any kind of mental illness
at all and also, perhaps ESPECIALLY, for people who have to live with
these people. In some ways it is my apology play and also an explanation
of sorts, but not a justification. If you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, PLEASE TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW IN WELLINGTON! everyone and anyone you think this could be relevant to! because it really will be very very good.


I believe her. She's a good writer. I'd love to make it to Wellytoon to see it myself.

listening to Unit 187 : Loaded

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home