un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Edukating Me

Midnight. I really enjoyed watching the movie outdoors with Muzz and Charlotte. It was The Edukators, a German movie... really good. AND they used Jeff Buckley's awesome version of Leonard Cohen's “Hallelujah”. It's about activism, and love, and friendship and not living a bourgeois lifestyle. Inspiring. I thought about things. Peaceful. I looked up at the stars, and the half moon and drank coffee and thought of a distant lover.

I've been exposed to hard truths about myself lately, among others my need to “teach” others when they may actually not ask for it.

I think i have to change myself. I think that is the problem. Not that my wants and feelings are unimportant. But i need to go deeper. When i get to hard places, it shows me yet more layers of the onion that i need to scrape off myself, exposing my raw skin. So that i can see where i am not chr1stlike. And cry, and start to change some more.



(Written two nights ago)

listening to: Jeff Buckley : Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home