un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Happiness Makeover

Thanks to friend Jen for introducing me to the Happiness Makeover by MJ Ryan. It's essentially coaching yourself to think positively, which is not new, but is good because the chapters are short, with lots of good ideas. The sort of thing you can just read a bit of each day, devotionally-like. I am mr negative-in-the-head, so i need all the help i can get.

Thanks also to everyone who hosted me/hung out with me on my road trip 10 days ago. Had a lovely time with Tama, and then in Welly it was great to see Jono B and Karla, David E, Peter M, and special thanks to Tali and DJ for letting me stay.

Have decided not to go to U2 due to lack of money, but saw their Chicago Vurtigo concert on telly the other night, and that was satisfying. Still wondering about sitting outside the concert 'tho, how sad is that? I'm an interested U2 fan, rather than a rabid one, but I really like their latest, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (dumb title tho'). Found Bono's recent bio/interview book very interesting, i respect him, especially his wry view of his own ego.

listening to U2 : The City Of Blinding Lights

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home