un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Friday, March 11, 2005

Favourite Cover Songs

Someone asked about favourite cover songs on the TF forum, and I thought I''d repost my reply here.

My fave 'cover' at the moment? Well, it's a remix I guess. The Neil B 7" remix of Sex Pistols God Save The Queen. It's housey, with that nice smarmy smeary John Lydon attitude. Can't get enough of it. I'm gonna drop it at a house party in 3 weeks and watch mouths hit the floor.

Oh, that and the NIN remix of Butthole Surfers' Who Was In My Room Lst Night.

Actually, I can think of a few others... I have a white label of Radiohead's (Fade Out) Street Spirit, and another of ColdPlay 's Parachutes (?) Have never heard anyone else play them, got them in Hong Kong when I was DJing there a few years ago so I don't know more details. They get huge reactions from the crowd tho'.

I have an "OK" remix of Jane's Addiction Aint No Right. (My FAVE Janes Addiction track), and you can hear the Adam Freeland (?) remix of Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit on one of my mixes here - http://www.twisted.co.nz/djdb/viewdj.php?dj_id=14
first track on the september 2003 mix i think.

And there's a remix of Queen's Flash by Tomcraft on another mix there, i think. AWEsome, and always gets smiles and laughs out of the crowd.

whoops, i guess these are remixes, not covers. sorry.

OK. Covers? Johnny Cash's cover of Personal Jesus (Depeche Mode).

And yeah, the DEVO cover of NIN's Head Like A Hole probably beats that. I sent it to my friend Echo, and she looooves it.

Then again, the Shihad cover of DEVO's Gates Of Steel is pretty cool.

OH OH OH - and the VNV Nation remix of Apoptygma Bezerk's Kathy's Song. Dunno who did it first, but it's a BEAUTIFUL cover/remix.

ahhh.... muuuuuuuusiiiiick

me goes away to the 'studio' (hah! - bedroom) to spend the weekend remixing - deadline coming up :

listening to some track i can't remember the name of - 1:08 on the Helix house mix

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home