un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Monday, April 16, 2007

Electric Bicycles + Blog Praxis

Friend Wildilocks is about to cycle from Melbourne to Sydney to publicise electric bicycles. I didn't know they existed. So in the interests of promoting another option in sustainable transport, I'm telling you. :)

Have a look at
http://www.suitabletransport.com

I've been thinking about my blogging practice. (Praxis is a cool word, i just felt like using it.)

Sometimes what I write are the beginnings of some thoughts. They're often not complete, but I record them while they're on my mind. This is both the nature and the danger of a blog. My thoughts may be criticised by myself or others, and I may decide to amend them. One day I may encounter a past reader who says, “ah, you think x, y and z”. But my thoughts develop over time. I'd hate to be hung by what I believed 20 years ago.

Every now and then I also have a dilemma as to how much personal information to reveal given the very public nature of the internet. For now, I choose to err on the side of caution by not using real names and not revealing every detail of my life. Not that i have anything in particular to hide right now.

listening to Master T strumming badly on my out of tune guitar

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No names, no pack drills.

April 16, 2007 4:43 pm

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I would like to do a similar thing in New Zealand, cos it's even more awesome scenery. I like the idea of going from top to bottom, or at least Auckland to CCH. :)

April 26, 2007 12:24 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your thoughtful and comprehensive post. Police officers are a bicycle commuting population with specific needs that had never occurred to me.

January 06, 2009 8:50 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home