un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Goals for 2007

Friend LadyOfTheShadows from the US was hassling me about not having New Year's resolutions. I don't do NYR but my goals for this year, in no order are

1. Get completely debt free apart from debt to parents (that's for 2008)

2. Get a new, higher paying job.

3. Found BLISS and throw 2 - 3 successful parties.

4. Get at least 1 track released on an MP3 label.

5. Start my [censored-secret] metal covers band and get booked for the Movember gig in November.

6. Keep the fantastic progress up on improving my mental/emotional health.

7. Find some bandmates for my industrial project.

8. DJ Industrial/Goth/EBM regularly at Club Bizarre. Including my own production.

9. Restart and make money off my artist management agency.

10. See my son for longer periods and keep loving him deeply (not a hard one!)

There are others I may add later. Several of these I'm already on track with.

listening to xhile | liar (my own production, version 0.6)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome goals! :)

January 17, 2007 4:24 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In 2001, I was 40K in debt. Then I read Your money or your life by Joe Rodriguez. It totally transformed my awareness of the way I think and feel about money. It changed money from a source of strife, anxiety and guilt to neutral exchange medium. That and some discipline allowed me to get out of debt *while I was in grad school and Allyn was intermittently employed*. Being debt free allowed me the freedom to live in Thailand, foster my niece, and immigrate to NZ.

rivet@livejournal.com

February 19, 2007 9:38 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home