un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Masculine Thoughts

I bought Sonboy The Dangerous Book for Boys (by the Iggulden brothers) for Christmas. There's something about the simple innocence of a 1920's style "boy's own" manual that makes me feel more masculine. I guess it says something about the nature of 21st century men that we need books like these to help us figure out who we are.

Having an 8 year-old I can cuddle, tickle, wrestle, play with, swim with, cook with, laugh with is a wonderful experience. I like being a father.

Dunno yet what I'm doing for new year. I'm either going into the city for a psytrance party - I may be DJing the morning after - or I'm just gonna have a quiet fire on the beach with a couple of family and friends. We'll see how I feel on the night.

I've been catching up on my rest; I fell asleep half way through "Ring", the original Japanese film. Perhaps I'll be awake enough to be scared tonight.

But for now, I'm off to the beach to kick sand in some wimp's face.





Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home