un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I Want To Draw You Like An Animal

So, Felyne alerted me to this


[Click to see it larger; Note the byline in the 'toon title]

This led to a little creative editing of one of my fave NIN songs (which the wonderful Tatsuda Ishiya is obviously referencing):

You let me illustrate you
You let me innovate you
You let me-create you
You let me generate you

Help me
I broke apart my pastels
Help me
I’ve got no ink at all
Help me
The only thing that works for me
Help me get away from myself

I want to draw you like an animal
I want to paint you from the in-side out
I wanna touch you in your ink well
…My whole canvas is flawed

You get me closer to God


(apologies to Trent Reznor)



listening to LTJ Bukem Our World

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home