un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Anger Management

i don't know what it is... maybe it's seeing that Deicide are playing in Auckers on the 15th, but i was in a mood for INTENSE aggressive music when I arrived at work this AM.

So I listened to Slayer's latest album - Christ Illusion. Deicide may be interesting in their own genre, but Slayer kick their B*tt for sheer aggression any day imo.

It’s weird to be quietly calmly coding and testing web links to this kind of music. Especially as I consider myself a pacifist. Although I suppose personal anger and aggression don’t necessarily have a bearing on intra-country politics. Or do they?

I try to work out any aggression/anger i may feel in appropriate ways. And I’m basically not an angry person, more passive-aggressive.

I am a pacifist who likes energy. “Anger is an energy” sang PiL. I love paradoxes. Maybe i just need to go for a run. I have a badminton game booked for Sunday with EvolutionGuy.

And then after a while, I got tired of all the intensity, and elected a varied diet of Duran Duran, Deep Purple, Jeff Buckley, Johnny Cash, Iron Maiden, Eminem, Helmet, Jane’s Addiction and AfroCelt Sound System.

The whole interface between anger, violence and music is an interesting one – I did a study on it for my undergrad sociology degree, using Megadeth’s “Holy Wars” as a case study. Can’t remember much of what I concluded now. I do remember an interview on NZ TV with Dee Snider from Twisted Sister many years ago. He said he thought it was much healthier for a kid to go to a concert and punch their fist in the air, than to go punch somebody out.


was listening to Slayer | Jihad now listening to … Aaargh, my music hard drive has disappeared!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home