un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Decide - Deicide?

Wandering back from the train this arvo, I noticed again the sticker on the pole
The week before this Christmas
Christ Will
Die Again

At first glance i thought it was probably some weird christain sect's propaganda. But no - it's the venerable Glen Benton and the new version of his pals, Deicide, coming to our town to do their oh-we're-so-scary satanic death metal show. Given that I narrowly missed going to see them in Atlanta last year, I'm tempted (sic) to go.

Before I do, I want to read up a little more on them. (One can always start with our friend Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deicide_%28band%29)

Bands that do the Satanic thing both fascinate and bore me. They're kinda like teenagers who haven't grown up. And, for the record, I do know quite a bit more about Satanism than the average joe schmo.

They want to be taken so seriously. "We're so baaad, maaaaaan. We don't believe in god so much that all our songs are gonna be about hating his followers." Hmmm. If that isn't a religious obsession, I don't know what is.























Still, could be a fun show. Wonder if I can get myself kicked out?


listening to Deicide | Homage to Satan

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They don't look so scarey to me.

December 07, 2006 12:31 pm

 
Blogger xhile said...

hee hee.

why do you think i chose a pic of Glen Benton with bananas on his head? ;-)

December 07, 2006 5:48 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home