un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Friday, May 18, 2007

I Would Like a Great Lake of Beer

I would like to have the men of Heaven
In my own house:
With vats of good cheer
laid out for them.

I would like to have the three Marys,
Their fame is so great.
I would like people
From every corner of Heaven.

I would like them to be cheerful
In their drinking.
I would like to have Jesus too
Here amongst them.

I would like a great lake of beer
For the King of Kings,
I would like to be watching Heaven's family
Drinking it through all eternity.
Celtic poem from 10th century Ireland

Man, those Irish Celts, eh? Pity I don't like beer.


listening to Hard Hat | Eat Your Head (a track I'm creating)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me , Jesus and a lake of beer, a strange combination but I would give it a go.

May 18, 2007 3:23 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home