un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Saturday Night's All Right For...

Reading.

I finally had a 10 hour sleep last night, and I'm aiming to do at least 8 hours tonight. Is it sad to be at home reading a book on Saturday night? Not if one is exceedingly content, as am I, and not if the book is as good as Lord Dunsany's classic The King of Elfland's Daughter, first published in 1924. A little like the equally classic George McDonald who published 40 years earlier, an inspiration to Tolkein, C.S Lewis, Yeats, H.P Lovecraft and many others.

listening to Nine Inch Nails | Closer

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading is amazing. I love it.
If its any consolation i stayed at home saturday night and my boyfriend and I fought over how to properly make sloppy joes just because we enjoy arguing over nothing.

I was of course right. Why I felt the need to share this I dont know. But there ya go.

~Kneesha

November 19, 2006 10:16 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sloppy Joes?

As IF you are listening to Closer! *puts it on* Hey, now I am too!

November 20, 2006 12:34 pm

 
Blogger xhile said...

are you impugning my integrity, F? ;P

i do HAVE "Closer" (about 6 different mixes) at home. Just not at work.

November 20, 2006 1:25 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh the accusations are flying now!!!

I wasn't implying you were being dishonest with us, merely remarking my amazement that you were listening to it.

And nah nah, I have NINE copies of it, which if I spelt it NIN would be terribly wonderful of me.

November 20, 2006 1:38 pm

 
Blogger xhile said...

hee hee

As IF text is a perfect communication medium ;-)

November 20, 2006 2:15 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Touche, sir. Touche.

November 20, 2006 3:54 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home