un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Thursday, September 22, 2005

23rd century Mind-body Problem

I've been reading Woken Furies by Richard Morgan, his third book after Altered Carbon. They're excellent cyberpunk sci-fi thrillers. His concept of "cortical stacks", where a person's "mind" is backed up, and "sleeving", where you can transfer your "self" to another body got me thinking about the idea of the "soul". I hope to develop this a bit further, but for now I am thinking of an object oriented programming analogy where a Being ("Body") can contain a Person(s) which can contain a Personality(ies). With this concept, the christian idea of the Trinity, and the possible inhabitation of one body by two or more personalities would make sense.

Been writing some industrial lyrics about this.

Creating some good stuff with my music lately (industrial, deep trance plus a little generic rock), who knows I might even release some of my new stuff properly, I'm pretty darn pleased with it. New job, new girlfriend (Tammy is gorgeous and a great person), probably new flat soon. Life is peachy.


listening to: Front Line Assembly : Everything Must Perish. FLA so rock! Even stuff I've heard lots of times still impresses me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear man - glad you're getting along ok-m@

September 22, 2005 6:12 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home