un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Journeys by DJs: Athens

Notes from my current trip, atm I'm tooling around in the Southern US of A

Athens, GA

The South is a pleasant, and sometimes bizarre place.
The weather is very warm, even hot, and somewhat humid
and it's just their Spring. What they say about the
Bible belt is true. Even businesses like McDonalds
have signs with religious slogans outside. Seriously.
I have seen an insurance company today with something
religious on it's sign, and a Taco Bell (a large chain
fast food place like McDonalds) with "God is Good" on
its sign. I must remember to take photos. I heard an
old black woman say grace over lunch at a senior
citizens centre the other day, and apart from being
nearly impossible to understand with her southern
accent, she ranted like and oldtime gospel preacher
for about 10 minutes. If that is just grace before a
meal, I would hate to be in a prayer meeting with her.

I intended to go out and check some bands/bars/clubs tonight,
but had a bottle of wine with dinner and fell asleep. Oh well.


listening to Duran Duran | Come Undone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home