un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Popes and Horses

Pope John Paul II is dead. Karol seemed like a decent enough chap. The way he visited and forgave the assassin who nearly killed him was a model of peacemaking. Respect. I’m hoping the new pope introduces a few changes, like letting priests marry, and removing the ban on contraception. I’m not holding my breath though.

I’m planning to go see Equus soon. The play by Peter Shaffer (of Amadeus fame) had a profound influence on me when I studied it in high school. The teenage Alan Strang has blinded six horses in a stable. Why? What drove him to it? Psychiatrist Martin Dysart searches for the answer and in the process questions the need for desire and worship in his own life. [Dysart] “Can you think of anything worse one can do to anybody than take away their worship?”


listening to Rhian Sheehan | Hiding Place (Module Remix)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home