un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happiness

I've woken up happy and content every day for the last 3 weeks, so I thought I should record this momentous occasion. Happiness and contentment are so underrated, and yet if you ask people what they truly want out of life, every single one of them will say "I want to be happy".

I had a lovely dinner last night with a friend, work is going well, flat is going well, my music/writing is going well, my exercise life is going well, relations with my family and friends are well. I have no girlfriend, and don't need one. But most of these haven't actually changed significantly in the last 2 months. What's changed is I've changed. I am happy.

I'm 37 and I've already achieved my life goal. What more could I want?





listening to Boards of Canada | Music is Math

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I whole heartedly agree with your comments on happiness and contentment as discussed last night.... so many people miss the whole objective of living and it's good to bring it out into the light for them. A poem I found I thought you might like, can't find who the author is but anyway....

THIS MOMENT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
I may never see tomorrow;
There's no written guarantee.
And things that happened yesterday
Belong to history.

I cannot predict the future,
I cannot change the past.
I have just the present moment,
I must treat it as my last.

I must use this moment wisely,
For it soon will pass away.
And be lost forever
As a part of yesterday.

I must exercise compassion,
Help the fallen to their feet.
Be a friend unto the friendless,
Make an empty life complete.

The unkind things I do today
May never be undone.
And friendships that I fail to win
May nevermore be won.

I may not have another chance
On bended knees to pray.
And thank God with a humble heart
For giving me this day.

love - Nicole

November 22, 2006 11:39 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blame the mo'

November 22, 2006 3:53 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yaaaay x jen

November 28, 2006 6:29 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home