un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Kiwiburn, Pink Moa and lovely people

I've been on holiday for the last week.

It's been great, truly re-recreational although perhaps not very restful at times.

Kiwiburn was absolutely beautiful. I met so many wonderful people. I can't really describe it, but i am now on the executive committee and will be helping making next year's happen. All i can say is, if you can possibly make it in February next year, do. You will never regret it.



Pink Moa went OFF!! Good sets by all. Big ups to DJ Dee and Nat for making it. Big ups to Sam (it's his photo) for being the backbone of Pink Moa setup. You rock, dude.

I played several times, but the highlight had to be my 4 hour set on the night of the burn, which was incredible in terms of crowd response and my own performance (especially considering my back was severely playing up that night). I played "Seasons", my Xhile industrial dnb track which was very well received. It's still very unfinished, so i will be finishing it this week for Club Bizarre on Saturday 24th.

And tonight, I play an outdoor party at the Massey Memorial in Wellington for the Wellington Dance Collective, the fluffiest loveliest people i've met in a while. Life is good.


listening to Boards of Canada | Triangles and Rhombuses

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds wonderful.. will plan 2 come next year... :) jen

February 19, 2007 9:15 am

 
Blogger Joel said...

You also have seriously great eclectic taste in music.

I love Front Line Assembly (which you were listening to in your last post), and Boards of Canada.

"There are only two kinds of music, good music and bad music" ;)

Totally agree, genres only cage us in!

February 19, 2007 2:23 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home