un-orthodoxy interfaces with conservation-ism, orthopraxis, devil's advocacy, music, life thoughts, musings, silliness

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Did you say "conservation-ism"?

No, it’s not a typo. "Conservatism" has political and cultural connotations I don’t like and usually find repulsive – in their common outworkings, if not the theory behind it. Conservationist is a friendly term. Eco-friendly even.

I envisage incorporating material around my interest in post-evangelical ideas, and g0dstuff in general. Sometimes this will be from a negative perspective, I kinda like the idea that Kierkegaard’s writings were a discussion between two contradictory sides of himself, so I’d like to apply that here.

So anyway, when I am wearing my conservationist hat, as opposed to my sceptic, I am about trying to protect certain things I consider worth keeping around, rather than push a whole agenda. Or something like that.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey babes!

Had a quick look after our IM today! I so agree about the conservative vs conservationist thing. It never ceases to amaze me how many people mix the two up! Anyway, bedtime!

Get Skype already!

T
x

March 06, 2005 9:58 pm

 
Blogger xhile said...

cheers T, great talking with ya. I reserve the right to completely change my mind about anything, of course ;)

March 06, 2005 11:08 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home